In Fort Lauderdale, there are a lot of charter boats to choose from. New Lattitude Sportfishing is hands down the best fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale. Here is a short list of why you should choose us over some of the other charter fishing operations in town.
- First off, we are centrally located right on Fort Lauderdale beach. We don’t advertise that we are located in Fort Lauderdale and then you end up having to drive all the way to Hollywood or Miami to get the boat. Our address is 301 Seabreeze Blvd, the corner of Las Olas Blvd and southbound A1A. Come by and check us out.
- We are only minutes from fishing grounds. The fishing grounds of Fort Lauderdale are only a mile offshore, so it only takes a few minutes for us to get out there. Your time during your fishing charter will be spent fishing, not traveling long periods of time to get out to the grounds.
- We are a family-run charter fishing operation. Capt. Paul Roydhouse has been running fishing charters full time since 1967 and is far and away the most experienced fisherman in all of Fort Lauderdale. This is and has always been his full-time job. He hasn’t worked as anything other than a fishing boat captain and all his experience is here, locally, in Fort Lauderdale. Capt. Rod Roydhouse, Capt. Andy Roydhouse, Capt. Jason Roydhouse, Capt. Brad Roydhouse and Capt. Janet Roydhouse are all also Fort Lauderdale fishing captains who have grown up running deep sea fishing charters in Fort Lauderdale. You won’t find any fishing charter company with even close to the level of local Ft Lauderdale fishing experience this fishing family has. We eat, sleep and breath fishing.
- All of our boats are set up perfectly for fishing day trips out of Fort Lauderdale. The boats are all customized and dialed-in for the intricacies of Fort Lauderdale fishing. Our sportfishing boats all have large fishing cockpits with lots of room to fish, fighting chairs, live bait wells, upstairs flybridge to ride with the captain as wells as a fully air-conditioned cabin for fishing those warm, Florida days.
- We LOVE our customers. It’s because of you that we get to spend our work days fishing all day. Without you, we have to do engine room work and boat maintenance (NO FUN!). You’re dealing with a crew that loves to fish and wants you to have a great time out there with us so that you come back fishing with us again and again every year, and recommend your friends to come fishing with us. We don’t advertise much at all. Over 90% of our fishing charters are either repeat customers or referrals from our customers.
- We do not sell fish, everything you catch is yours to keep. Our crew does free fish cleaning at the end of the trip and we pack your fish for transport with fish bags and ice. We can even recommend a few restaurants close to the boat that will cook your fish for you. There’s nothing better than eating fresh fish that you just caught, sipping a rum runner at an restaurant built right on the Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal.
- We run a variety of specialty fishing trips. If you would like to customize your fishing charter in any way, just let us know. When you call in, you will be speaking directly with Capt. Rod Roydhouse. He is well known by everyone who fishes south Florida and many say the best fishing captain in Fort Lauderdale. He was literally named after a fishing pole for Pete’s sake! Whether you are looking to do a daytime or a night swordfishing charter, shark fishing expedition or a fishing trip for kids, just let Capt. Rod know what you want and we will make it happen.
- Capt. Rod has caught MANY of the largest gamefish ever caught off the docks of Fort Lauderdale. If you are looking for a trophy game fishing trip, we are the boat and crew to put you on them. If you are looking to catch a sea monster, make sure to request to fish with Capt. Rod. Him and Capt. Paul are the best large game fish captains in Greater Fort Lauderdale.
When you book with New Lattitude Sportfishing, know that you are booking an experienced, professional and reputable charter fishing boat. While I cannot promise that every single fishing charter will have an epic catch, I can promise that our crew will work harder and try harder to get you fish than any other fishing charter boat in Fort Lauderdale.
Capt. Rod Roydhouse